The 19th Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

System crash

5 posters

Go down

System crash Empty System crash

Post by MrYoungGun Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Yep, MYG's computer is toast. I won't be able to chat with anyone via wiiga or post messages in any forum except this one. Just wanted to let you guys know I'm not ignoring anyone, I'm just reassembling my computer piece by piece. Ill be sure to pot here when I am able to rejoin you guys at wiiga and EA. Peace...
MrYoungGun
MrYoungGun
Administrator

Player Stats
Right now i am: practicing to catch SkinniePost
Favorite Course: Oakmont
My Nemisis: WiiGA Playoff competition

https://19thhole.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

System crash Empty Re: System crash

Post by mrruck Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Don't forget the butter and jam....

Man bummer i hate to hear that happen to anyone. My vid card went one on me a few months ago it had a good run of 5 years...
mrruck
mrruck

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoungGun Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:34 pm

I just want to take a minute to warn everyone of the virus that crashed my system. It is a fake antivirus program that appears after your computer looks as though it is being over-run with trojans. It will tell you to click the "fix problem now" button to remove the trojans. You will be able to tell it is fake as the anti-virus system will not bear the name or logo of your current av system. My av is mcafee and it totally missed this virus and allowed it into my computer. Luckily I didn't fall for the fake page, but It did manage to block the Internet explorer, and dvddrive making this bastard tough to remove. Your computer will constantly tell you it has trojans and you need to buy the fake av software using a credit-card. I was able to kill the program's processes and remove the commands from my computer, but being the novice I am at this stuff, it wasn't easy. The virus reloads itself if you restart you computer without removing every last bit of this bug. I posted this new virus on a couple of sites that research this stuff, and I'm not alone in being caught off gaurd. Many others were posting the exact same virus that according to experts just appeared in early may to the web. Be careful out there everyone.
MrYoungGun
MrYoungGun
Administrator

Player Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by kenw Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:47 pm

MYG that sounds like the same crap I went through about 1.5 months ago. A screen kept popping up saying I had trojans. It then said to fix it, click here. I clicked there and it took me to a page to buy an antivirus "kit". It gave 3 options to buy. 1 was for a month, another for 6 months and another for a year. Something like that. Anyway, it required a credit card. Seems like this virus is a scam trying to get your personal info. I didn't click any further and closed the window out. Of course, it also destroys the computer and I had to have my brother-in-law correct the problem. We thought we would have to reinstall everything, but his computer tech buddy told him to download "Malwarebytes', Anti malware" This fixed the problem and I simply perform scans once a week as a precautionary measure.

- ken
kenw
kenw
FedEx Cup Champ

Player Stats
Right now i am: enjoying my avatar
Favorite Course: not gary player
My Nemisis: The Water

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeTargo Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 pm

I am happy that in all of my life i never had such problems. Even i tried to click on KenWs avatars breasts Very Happy
LeeTargo
LeeTargo
LeeTargo
Master

Player Stats
Right now i am: online
Favorite Course: Celtic Manor
My Nemisis: Frenchy49

Back to top Go down

Post by mrruck Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this is what I use and it is free....
mrruck
mrruck

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoungGun Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Yea Ken the malwarebytes site is outstanding! Unfortunately the bug I had killed any type of browser communication with the internet, making it impossible to download any help.

Also while I think about it, I am almost certain that this virus came from golf digest's site that I was surfing for pictures of the courses. its possible it was attached to a link on their pages by the rogue assholes that design this stuff.
MrYoungGun
MrYoungGun
Administrator

Player Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by mrruck Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:53 pm

MrYoungGun wrote:Yea Ken the malwarebytes site is outstanding! Unfortunately the bug I had killed any type of browser communication with the internet, making it impossible to download any help.

Also while I think about it, I am almost certain that this virus came from golf digest's site that I was surfing for pictures of the courses. its possible it was attached to a link on their pages by the rogue assholes that design this stuff.

YIf you are using windows you need to start you comp in safe mode at start. Then you can dl stuff. I had to do that with the old lady comp next door. she had the same problem
mrruck
mrruck

Back to top Go down

Post by SkinniePost Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Right on MrRuck... I have had the same thing happen, and Safe Mode is the way to go... The one MYG got does require some manual removal though. In that case, you need to print out the files you need to erase from someone's computer.

SkinniePost
SkinniePost
SkinniePost

Player Stats
Right now i am: Probably drinkin' beer... Or enjoying some Grape Ape, hehe
Favorite Course: Fancourt, Gary Player & Kiawah
My Nemisis: MYG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down