The 19th Hole
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predator Shortcuts

+3
DavidDuval
oregonducks
MrYoungGun
7 posters

Go down

Predator Shortcuts Empty Predator Shortcuts

Post by MrYoungGun Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:26 pm

The predator is insanely hard, but there are ways to cut strokes by making difficult shots that often carry a great deal of OB risk with them. Post your shortcuts with the hole number and a description of where and how to use them.
MrYoungGun
MrYoungGun
Administrator

Player Stats
Right now i am: practicing to catch SkinniePost
Favorite Course: Oakmont
My Nemisis: WiiGA Playoff competition

https://19thhole.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Predator Shortcuts Empty Re: Predator Shortcuts

Post by MrYoungGun Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:39 am

here are my notes on this course. feel free to add any tips or tricks you know that arent mentioned!

the predator requires the use of full power, punch, and pitch shots at various places. i should note that you have another weapon in your quest through the jungle and that is the fully DElofted full power shot. it's flight is lower than full power but higher than a punch, offering more distance. typically you can assume the fully DElofted shot will reach 80% of the normal distance.

these are from the black tees, red is tour pro settings, blue is amateur settings. accuracy is my focus of choice f.y.i.

1-from the tee smack a full power 1I down the fairway. dont try to make the far fairway/green without at least 10mph tailwind. deloft your lbw a little to keep your approach under the canopy.
from the tee smack a full power driver to the far fairway with full topright spin to make the green in one.
the green slopes sharply downward right to left and back to front.

2-hook a 3 iron with some wrist turning to put the ball in the middle of the fairway. approach the green with a pw or a 9I, as you can clear the trees for birdie with the loft of these clubs, otherwise send a punch down the fairway to settle for par.
draw the handle as far left as you can to hook the teeshot into the fairway 15 yards in from the cliff. from here you can use a pw to approach the green and roll the ball to the hole if its short.

3-if the flag is in the front of the hole, use a 9i and keep the ball on the left side of the green. you run the risk of losing the ball off a cliff on the right side if the grass is slick. if the pin is in the back of the green use a 7I to reach it.
attack the green with some draw to run the ball to the hole without it sliding off the right side into the o.b. use the same clubs listed above for the different pins.

4-best to drive the ball right at the wickets and hope for a good result. if you clear the branches, you may hae a look at the green with a 3wood, but its very rare. deloft your shots or use punches to make your way down the zigzag hole shape.
use your driver with max fde to hook the ball right into the fairway just to the right of the left fairway bunker. add topright spin as you will lose your camera here. if you can clear the branches and hold the fairway, you can reach the green in 2 with a delofted 3w. its unlikely you will have the shot, but it is possible.
dont try to cut this hole short. the trees are too high to loft over and there is o.b. in all the areas they grow from. be patient and accept the 75% chance of par or worse here...

more to come!!!

Last edited by MrYoungGun on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
MrYoungGun
MrYoungGun
Administrator

Player Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoungGun Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:18 am

5-hit a 5iron to the middle shelf of the fairway for an easy approach for birdie.

6-drive the ball just inside the boomerang bunker. use a DElofted 3w to approach the fairway. a full power shot will have difficulty staying under the tree on the right.

7-an easy slightly downhill par 3 that is self explainatory
MrYoungGun
MrYoungGun
Administrator

Player Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by oregonducks Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Now I know how my daughter feels waiting for the next installment of the TWILIGHT series!......Thanks MYG for taking the time to help!!!!
oregonducks
oregonducks
Veteran

Player Stats
Right now i am: thankful I switched to classic putt!
Favorite Course: BOSTON
My Nemisis: KenW, blackhawks01

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidDuval Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:25 pm

I'm anxious to see if MYG can birdie #9. It's the only one I haven't figured out!
DavidDuval
DavidDuval
Veteran

Player Stats
Right now i am: enjoying the 19th hole
Favorite Course: Wolf Creek, Torrey, Pebble
My Nemisis: Slow Fairways

Back to top Go down

Post by oregonducks Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:41 pm

DD I would be happy to subscribe to your newsletter on this course as well...you have posted very nice scores there! Basketball
oregonducks
oregonducks
Veteran

Player Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoungGun Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:27 pm

8-an easy hole that only requires a well placed drive for the approach over the tree to the green.

9-place a delofted, drawing drive along the left side of the fairway and try to run the ball as far down the fairway as you can using the lip on the left side as a ramp to keep the ball in play. if you dont possess the skill needed to draw the ball to this spot, you may want to consider a delofted drive right at the brush and hope for a breach to the other side, or lay up a 7 wood to the safe spot and punch the next shot through. barring a miracelous drive that makes its way down the fairway beyond the tree barrier, the next shot will have to be a punch to the clearing for the approach to the green.
use draw and deloft the driver 3 clicks to roll the ball down the left side of the fairway utilizing the berm on the left to roll the ball beyond the trees and brush. without a signifacnt wind helping or a great bounce, the next shot will likely be a punch to the begining of the lane of fairway for the approach.
careful with the approach (likely 3rd shot) as there is tree trouble on the left side of the expanse used to get to the green. use draw to work the ball around the trees or punch your approach.

10-the far fairway is out of play without a strong left to right wind to help hold it, use the shorter fairway and navigate through the shots to the green. to make the far fairway (ignoring my advice) aim your shot at the first set of branches protruding from the left. add 10 degrees of in to out, and 7 degrees of open club and the ball should make the fairway just beyond the bush on the front of it.
fade the drive so the ball lands on the far fairway just to left of the large bush growin on the front of it. from here you will need to deloft a shot and roll it to the green. (loss of camera view occurs here)

11-without a tailwind you cant drive the far fairway over the trees. settle a Iron into the gap between the far and close bunkers in the lower fairway. from there hit a wedge or 9I into the "chute that rolls to the green. the tree on the front right of the green will snatch most attempts to go over it, so rolling your approach down the fairway "chute" is the way to attack.
MrYoungGun
MrYoungGun
Administrator

Player Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by dadgotgame Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:47 pm

#12 i think it is i will dbl check.

hit a 3 or 1i to the right side of the middle fw.there is a fw a creek a mid fw the cliffs on the left dont try to go over instead turn your guy left until you see an opening behind the cliffs. hit a 3w depending on wind over the waterfall to the green for an easy eagle. i will dbl check and make sure its the right hole #.

dad
dadgotgame
dadgotgame
Tour Pro

Player Stats
Favorite Course: pinehurst #2
My Nemisis: thejokker we seem to always tie

Back to top Go down

Post by kenw Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:10 am

thats the hole dad. You have to aim over the waterfall and bounce it off the rock to hit the green. Thx to wayknow, I birdied it the other day.

-ken
kenw
kenw
FedEx Cup Champ

Player Stats
Right now i am: enjoying my avatar
Favorite Course: not gary player
My Nemisis: The Water

Back to top Go down

Post by oregonducks Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:15 pm

ok waiting for 13-18 tips before i attempt weekly pro! thanks! Smile
oregonducks
oregonducks
Veteran

Player Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by frenchy49 Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:10 pm

hi all !! i played predator on gamecube few years ago and it's not very different on TW11 ; thursday i'm free and i 'll try to give you some tips for this course . Sure , it's different to shot than the remote of gamecube , but i think the game is very close, and the last week for my first attempt on this course on the AM daily , i played a good -10 ...

have fun guys ! geek

frenchy
frenchy49
frenchy49
Veteran

Player Stats
Favorite Course: Gary player - Fancourt- Sheshan
My Nemisis: ACESXWILD

Back to top Go down

Post by oregonducks Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:44 pm

thanks frenchy will await your notes! Very Happy
oregonducks
oregonducks
Veteran

Player Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by frenchy49 Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:17 pm

oregonducks wrote:thanks frenchy will await your notes! Very Happy

before to play this weekly ,i got a question : what will be the best score to win this event ? for me the best will be about :-15 ( 4 rounds sure) what is your opinion guys ? cherry bom king

frenchy
frenchy49
frenchy49
Veteran

Player Stats
Favorite Course: Gary player - Fancourt- Sheshan
My Nemisis: ACESXWILD

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeTargo Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:39 pm

frenchy49 wrote:
oregonducks wrote:thanks frenchy will await your notes! Very Happy

before to play this weekly ,i got a question : what will be the best score to win this event ? for me the best will be about :-15 ( 4 rounds sure) what is your opinion guys ? cherry bom king

frenchy

My guess: -20... And remember i predicted Spain to win the Soccer Worldcup Very Happy

Lee
LeeTargo
LeeTargo
Master

Player Stats
Right now i am: online
Favorite Course: Celtic Manor
My Nemisis: Frenchy49

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoungGun Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:27 pm

Anyone ever figure out what PhilUK was talking about when he said the trees don't matter? I asumed he was talking about the 9th or the 4th as those holes are the toughest to par. I've hit drives attepting to clear the trees on both holes when the wind was favorable, but I've yet to find a shortcut that would be of any significant advantage over players unaware of it.
MrYoungGun
MrYoungGun
Administrator

Player Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeTargo Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:48 am

MrYoungGun wrote:Anyone ever figure out what PhilUK was talking about when he said the trees don't matter? I asumed he was talking about the 9th or the 4th as those holes are the toughest to par. I've hit drives attepting to clear the trees on both holes when the wind was favorable, but I've yet to find a shortcut that would be of any significant advantage over players unaware of it.

i found some stuff about the par 5s here. It´s from the Xbox and i am not sure if its from white or blue tees but at #4 the guy hits through the trees. Check it out.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/498446.page#4658741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMJrzSN9uA4&feature=player_embedded#!
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/670867.page (in the middle there are 4 pictures with other holes and shortcuts)

See you
LT
LeeTargo
LeeTargo
Master

Player Stats
Right now i am: online
Favorite Course: Celtic Manor
My Nemisis: Frenchy49

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoungGun Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Wow that's incedible! Anyone tried to hit thru those trees on #4? I haven't played the predator in a while, but I think I will book a flight to the rainforest tomorow night offline with muligans enabled to test out the shots in the video. Ill post all that I find tomorow night or wednesday. Stay tuned...
MrYoungGun
MrYoungGun
Administrator

Player Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by kenw Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:27 am

MYG on #4, use wayknows advice. layup with a 7i. then aim for the tree with a huge base. it doesn't exist and you can go right through it.
-ken
kenw
kenw
FedEx Cup Champ

Player Stats
Right now i am: enjoying my avatar
Favorite Course: not gary player
My Nemisis: The Water

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoungGun Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:52 pm

not sure what you mean Ken.

#4 you can reach the fairway as he did in the video from the tee. if you dont have tailwind helping, it wont matter, you'll still make it through the trees with a clear look at the green. i hit the drive just to the right of the 6' tall weed growing out of the front of the teebox. there you will see a darker shaded tree, and presto. the ball goes right thru it onto the fairway. if you have spin available crank it forward and the ball will pop out right at the begining of the approach "chute" to the green. you must hit the ball into the dark shaded tree as any miss hits will catch a branch and fall o.b.

i managed to eagle the impossible predator #4

just to be clear.

tee shot-full power driver-aim just to the right of the large 6' weed, at the darker shaded tree. hit the ball straight and add top spin. the ball will breach the trees and pop out onto the fairway with a unobstructed 1 iron left to the green.

Last edited by MrYoungGun on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrYoungGun
MrYoungGun
Administrator

Player Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoungGun Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:11 pm

#9 is another enigma. i couldnt find any shortcuts from the tee to a desirable spot on the fairway. all the brush down the right side of the tee shot stops the ball cold. after i hit a desirable drive down the fairway and ended up with an approach shot that had a glimpse of daylight thru a few dangling vines, i hit multiple shots full, punch and delofted full to see if any branches were penetrable. it seems the dark tree at the corner does not stop your ball from going through, but the vines do. if you can see daylight and you aim a 5i through that daylight, you will make it to the shallow patch of fairway with an easy layup for par. that being said, after about 30 attempts to make it through, i hit a 3i delofted that made the green after it was slowed by a branch. theres no way you could consistantly make this shot however, it was more of a fluke.

as for now, birdie at #9 is still a mystery.
MrYoungGun
MrYoungGun
Administrator

Player Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content